ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Boar Semen Collection Specialist for an upcoming volunteer assignment in Georgia. Caucasus Genetics requests volunteer assistance to train the company staff on boar semen collection methodology and techniques. The volunteer will also provide information about semen post-collection storage and distribution methods as well as information on boar station standards. The assignment will last for approximately three weeks in country, in addition to preparation and research prior to departure. Travel and living expenses are covered.
* University degree in animal science or another related field
* Ten years’ experience in boar semen collection technologies including boar semen collection hygiene requirements, quality evaluation, post collection handling, storage and distribution
* Knowledge and practical experience in artificial insemination techniques in swine
* Knowledge of engineering and construction of a boar station preferred
* Basic computer skills, including familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
Putting the Most Marginalised at the Centre: Lessons for the COVID-19 Response from the HIV Epidemic
In the early days of the HIV epidemic, there were a few simple messages to help save lives: abstain from sex, have only one sexual partner, use a condom. Sounds simple, right? But despite huge awareness raising and education programmes, the epidemic...